Monday 16 January 2012

An Introduction - if you will.

Firstly, Hello, I'm rather glad to see you here.
Secondly, I believe an introduction is in order.
This is Sharnie, I'm just about 19 years old and I study French and Japanese at university. Study takes up a lot of my time and brain power, so I apologize in advance for any hiatus I may take, and even more so for study themed ramblings.

 I was a rather awkward child: frightened of ball sports (well sports in general), quiet natured and flighy. It seemed only natural that books would be the natural place for me to turn. And eventually once I started high school I had no options for athletic prowess because of health issues, so in a way whether I was bookish as a child or not, eventually it was going to happen.

Mainly, this blog here is to catalogue what I'm reading and what I'm thinking about it, I'm notoriously 'un-opinionated' (and I do apologize for the fake word, but the others were not quite extreme enough) so hopefully having to share my opinions on things will be helpful.

Another thing I should warn, is that I'm a bit behind the rest of the world, IE. I've yet to read past Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. So forgive me that.
I also find myself having a preference for children's fantasy, and YA novels. Though I do try to broaden my horizons on occasion.  
I have two younger sisters, both you enjoy reading, one is 16 years old and the other is 5. So I do experience a younger variety of literature as well. And particularly the youngest one and I, we may collaborate on a few reviews of children's novels and picture books.

I am often asked whether I prefer films or books, but I can't answer this question properly, for as much as I love books I thoroughly enjoy films. So I answer simply "I love stories, in all forms"

Hopefully we all can share some good stories together.

No comments:

Post a Comment